Clawing to escape the belly of the beast here in Hollywood. To commiserate, email my name assistantatlas at yahoo.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Executive of the Week! [#6]

Well, it's been a crazy week here at Assistant/Atlas. What started as [an admittedly GREAT] joke has snowballed. But I'm still dedicated to you, my little industry pretties. What kind of assistant would I be if I didn't take the time to honor those few non-douche-bags I know? So let's get to it, shall we?

If you're new to Assistant/Atlas, you need to know that every week I honor someone for being a truly good person in a truly wretched business.

This week's Executive of the Week is Carrye Gilliland of Everyman Pictures. In the Hollywood Creative Directory, Carrye is listed as Jay Roach's assistant. Naturally, as an assistant, she does a lot more than her title suggests. She's a great gal to have on point for development [although Jennifer Perini has the official top title]. Carrye is so sweet that she's a sugar-coater. Normally, this might be cloying or annoying, but with her, that doesn't seem to be the case. She sugar-coats because she cares, but more importantly, she's feeding you sugar-coated truth, not sugar-coated sh*t.

So thanks Carrye, and here's to hoping we both graduate to better titles soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home